Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Worked to the Bone

The thing I like about Flickr is all the unusual and funny stuff you can come across.

To be honest, I don't use Flickr personally, but I imagine from the librarian point of view it would be useful in getting informal images of the library out there into the public domain. The old straight laced view of libraries is still very much present despite today's relaxed libraries and that can be intimidating to many potential new customers. I think the casual nature of Flickr would show a very different side to libraries... like we don't all run around going "shhh" to the noisy kiddies... rather we're racing around laughing our heads off as we put the more unusual items in our collection to comedic use :)

I'm sure there are some days I look and feel as the guy in this photo does! haha

I think I would really like the people who took this photo (University of Redland Library). They have my humour :)

No comments: